Phobia Project

1. A phobia is a persistent fear of an object or situation in which the sufferer commits to great lengths in avoiding.

2. 5 Phobias:
Aichmophobia- Fear of needles or pointed objects.
Caligynephobia- Fear of beautiful women.
Philophobia- Fear of falling in love or being in love.
Dementophobia- Fear of insanity.
Ephebiphobia- Fear of teenagers.

3.

1st Photo: For my first photo I'm going to portray Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia- Fear of the number 666. I am going to achieve this by writing 666 several times on a background that my subject will be positioned up against. The subject will either be one of my friends or my mom. The photo will be horizontal and I'm going to attempt a red colored lighting to add effect. The subject will be terrified with their head in their hands or just showing scared emotion to the camera. A possible technique I could use for this photo would be messing with the aperture to let different amounts of light in. 

2nd Photo: For my second photo I'm going to portray Ephebiphobia- Fear of teenagers. I am going to achieve this by rounding up a few of my friends and positioning us in hopefully a public setting. I'm going to show them messing around and laughing and seeming reckless because I'm guessing that's what the fear is based around. If I can't get my subjects in a public setting then I'm going to position them in my backyard with a darker more dangerous mood. The lighting will be dim and I'll have an angle that makes them seem more menacing. A possible technique I could use for this would be a low shutter speed that could capture movement from my subjects. 

3rd Photo: For my third photo I'm going to portray Theatrophobia- Fear of theatres. I am going to achieve this by taking my camera to school and photographing the theatre while it's vacant. Hopefully the lighting will be dim. I will take it horizontally and I will take photos from the back of the audience and onstage looking over the audience. I don't have an idea for a possible technique I could use for this photo, but I'll think about it more.

Comments

Popular Posts